Monday, October 29, 2007

"Yeah"

I enjoyed little evidences yesterday of my kids picking up on things from church, engaging with them, and enjoying them:
  • a comment about why they selected a can of pears to bring for the food basket: because they (the recipients) don't have to cook them (I think we talked about this being a relevant issue for some of the recipients once).
  • a question about the location of a favorite coloring sheet (may I add, with pride & gratification, that I drew this particular coloring sheet)
  • attentiveness to the drummer who played for the gospel procession (I probably don't have the right word for that)
  • a question about when we could walk the labyrinth again (it was way back at Lent that we had the labyrinth at church.)
  • the craning and moving around to be able to see what was going on when Aron invited all the kids up to participate in a baptism
  • my kids' interest and great fun in interacting with another child at church and Sunday School
  • one of my kids taking the initiative to write great-grandparents' names on a ribbon stick being prepared for next Sunday's All Saints observance. (I had mentioned doing that, but I think only briefly once, maybe another time at home, but it was done without further direction or assistance, even in spelling the names!)

I also enjoyed the fact that my kids' behavior was better than usual during church today (let's hope we're making genuine progress, not just hitting good luck for a day)

AND I got to interact and visit with another parent more than usual. It was a pleasure to visit and to make an acquaintance a little better acquaintance.

It was a good day.

No comments: