Thursday, March 01, 2007

Children's Books for Everybody

Last Sunday grown-ups at Gethsemane's Adult Forum got to enjoy poems from the kids' book Food Fight. Over the next few weeks the forum will continue to focus on the Millennium Development Goals. Each week the adults and kids will spend part of the forum / Sunday School time together. I anticipate each week including a story from the children's book Going to School in India. If you're a child, youth or adult from Gethsemane, or if you're in our area, you're invited to come & see what its about.

I'm realizing that books can be great to use with kids and that some of those same books are great for adults. The reasons vary, depending on the book and the goals of the reader.

I recently heard about a priest who reads a children's book during the Sunday morning service each week. When she doesn't the adults miss it.

Maybe over time I can share some books I like with you and we can find some more good ones together. If more of you have favorites, I'd like to hear what they are. Let me know.

No comments: